Wednesday 21 April 2010

Week 17 - Korelle folding 127 camera


I've decided it's time to start using some of my collection of folding 127 film cameras. There were three possible formats for 127 film, the largest made eight 4cm x 6cm photos on a roll, then there was twelve 4cm x 4cm, and finally sixteen 4cm x 3cm per roll. I have examples of all three formats, and this camera is one of the larger ones.
This Korelle was made in the early 1930s, and is one of the simpler models in terms of shutter and lens. It folds up to a fraction of it's extended depth, and came with its original leather case.
Of course 127 film is hard to come by nowadays, I've taken the plunge and ordered 10 rolls of Efke ISO100 film, which hopefully will arrive before the weekend. I was encouraged by my first recent attempt to develop a black and white film (in week 14) and will have to develop these 127 films myself.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I have almost the same model from my granny. The lens is a bit different looking.
    It makes the same 4x6 pictures default, but it comes with a little metal inlet to restrict the picture to 4x3 portrait size. Of course, you have to chose before loading the film.
    It has two mark in the finder for the smaller frame, too.
    I'm using it with EFKE 100 and Bluefire Murano 160 and 400 films.

    ReplyDelete